So I recently moved all my documents to SkyDrive – love it. Can get to them from all machines, including Android, windows phone and Surface. Then I rebuilt my machine and all my docs were right there… except for the hundreds of draft blogs that I never posted. Now you can imagine the state of panic I was in, given that I am a frequent semi-annual blogger!
Live Writer, great and all as it is does not give you an option to specify your folder to store blog files. It’s <user>\documents\My Web Logs and that’s it.
So a little bit of Bingaling and I found how to change this through the registry (thanks to Larry).
It’s a quick modification to the following registry key:
By default this key does not exist, so you will need to create it.
1. Open up regedit
2.Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Writer
3. Right click on the “Writer” folder in the left pane and choose New > String Value
4. Name the value PostsDirectory and then double-click on it to edit
5. Enter your new location (<user>\SkyDrive\LiveWriter for example)
Alternatively you can do it through PowerShell:
New-ItemProperty “HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Writer” -Name “PostsDirectory” -value “C:\Users\<user>\SkyDrive\Live Writer”
If you recently switched to the shiny new Outlook.com from Hotmail.com, you may be getting used to the new super-clean UI and navigation. One thing I liked with Hotmail.com was the ability to link accounts, so you can easily switch from one Hotmail accounts to the other.
I thought they had removed this from the new outlook.com, but eventually found it buried under settings.
To link an account:
From your username menu, select Account Settings
On the Microsoft Account page, you will see a link to Manage Linked Accounts
Here you can add other hotmail/live/outlook accounts.
When I went to view the logs under Site Settings –> Site Collection Administration, there was no link to “View Audit Logs”
According to 949605:
“This issue may occur if any of the following templates were used to create the default site: “
- Document Workspace
- Records Center
I was in a Publishing Site, so I guess we can add that to the list.
“To resolve this issue, run the following STSADM command on the SharePoint server for each affected site collection: “
stsadm -o activatefeature -name Reporting -url http://yourserver/sitecollection/ -force
This activated the feature and now I am able to see the report page.